Aadhaar has been mandated for availing various government welfare schemes, for payments, income tax services, banking services, etc.
Mumbai: With Aadhaar increasingly becoming central to one’s identity, it is vital to get all the information on the document updated.
The 12-digit unique code has been mandated for availing various government welfare schemes, for payments, income tax services, banking services, etc.
Since people often change addresses, phone numbers or make mistakes in filling up the details on their Aadhaar enrolment form, the UIDAI website allows people to update their details without the hassle of visiting Aadhaar centres.
Here is how you can update your information:
1. Log on to https://uidai.gov.in/.
2. Click on ‘Update Aadhaar Details (Online)’ under the ‘Aadhaar Details’ tab. You will be redirected to a general information page. Click on the blue ‘CLICK HERE’ hyperlink adjacent to ‘To submit your update/ correction request please’.
3. Enter your Aadhaar number in the box. You will receive an OTP.
4. Enter the OTP and click Login.
5. Select the data you want to update – name, DOB, address or gender.
6. After this, fill in the corrected or updated data.
7. In case of address change, users will be required to submit relevant valid document supporting the correction. One can choose from a list of available service providers to proceed.
8. At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number is issued to track the status of application.
Here is how you can track the status of your request for change:
1. Click on ‘Check Status – Updation done Online’ option under ‘Aadhaar Details’ tab.
2. Enter Aadhaar number and URN number. Click on ‘Get Status’.
3. The status of your application will be displayed.