In a bid to make Aadhaar Card the single identity proof, the government has made all efforts to make sure that the Aadhaar number is linked to bank accounts and tax payments.
New Delhi, April 20: Nobody likes when their important documents are lost or misplaced. One such crucial document is the Aadhaar Card as the 12-digit unique identity number has become a matter of necessity for various purposes. The Narendra Modi government is completely committed to making Aadhaar the most potent identification instrument for Indian citizen. In a bid to make Aadhaar Card the single identity proof, the government has made all efforts to make sure that the Aadhaar number is linked to bank accounts and tax payments. Today, the Aadhaar card has become one of the vital documents to live in India, it has become a basic necessity and its need is increasing with each passing day.
Any person can apply for a duplicate Aadhaar card if he/she has lost or misplaced it. In case you do not know or are unsure of your Aadhaar number, or if you have lost or misplaced your acknowledgement slip that you acquired at the time of registration, then you can download a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card by visiting the UIDAI’s website www.uidai.gov.in . The UIDAI has made it possible for all residents to acquire a duplicate card through a simple procedure.
Follow the following steps to get a duplicate Aadhaar card if have misplaced your Aadhaar card
- First, go to https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- Select appropriate option, ‘Aadhaar No (UID)’ OR ‘Enrolment No (EID)’, under ‘You want to receive your lost’
- Enter your full name, your email address and your registered Mobile Number
- Enter the security code as displayed and click on “Get OTP” button
- After this, One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile and/or email address
- In the box below, enter the OTP you just received on your mobile and/or email address and then click on “Verify OTP”
- The person will receive a message on your mobile with your Aadhaar card number or Enrollment Id as you selected in Step 2 above
- Now go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and select appropriate option, “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under “I have:”
- Enter your AADHAR card number or Enrollment Id, full name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number and then click on “Get OTP”
- One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile and/or email address.
- Enter the OTP you just received on your mobile in the “Enter OTP” box and click on “Validate and Download”
- Now you have downloaded your e-Aadhar card. Enter your Pin Code as the password when you open the PDF document and there you have your e-AADHAR card, which you can print out.
After the procedure is over, you can now download E-Aadhaar card which will serve as the duplicate Aadhaar card which will be equally helpful. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley recently said in the Lok Sabha said that efforts are being made to make Aadhaar the only card required to identify a person, replacing Voter ID and PAN. “The unique identification number Aadhaar may become the single identity card in future”, he added.