In a bid to provide benefit to board aspirants, the Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE) in an experiment has made Aadhaar card compulsory for giving board examination.
It is seen that, this experiment will also bring transparency in the education system.
More on the report:
- In a recent statement, the board chairman, Dr Jagbir Singh said that many candidates will benefit from this experiment
- The board said it will help to prevent the forgery of education certificates
- “Giving detailed information, the chairman said that though the provision of the card was already there but it was not made mandatory. Keeping its usefulness in mind, the board has taken this step,” statement said
- Initially, the schools will take time to implement this but the board will also help take steps
Aadhaar card mandatory for other examinations:
- This year on July 29, the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) also made Aadhaar card number compulsory for students of classes 10 and 12
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) recently made Aadhaar card compulsory for the candidates appearing for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE).
Meanwhile, the HBSE has extended the registration date for Class 12 examinations to December 5.